Show HN: Albedo – single-file listenable document database in Zig https://ift.tt/Y3ulKdQ

Show HN: Albedo – single-file listenable document database in Zig It's literally an indexable BSON array with query listening, replication and basic crash recovery. While working on my little projects I always felt a need for some sort of simple storage, where I can just have a single file. However sqlite with its' schemas and migrations always felt icky, like an overkill to have a single file db, but a whole folder set for migrations. JSON files would require to be loaded all at once and for something small but thick, like microservices that would hold their own state this would be a startup time cost. So idea came initially as an "indexable and partially loadable json object array". From the very beginning I've wrote it in zig, unlike my other projects where I flip flop with implementation language, for the sole reason that I wanted to be able to use it in as many places as physically possible. So it was something on level of C\C++, Rust and Zig. C langs are awesome, but I genuinely didn't enjoy them. After initial tries Rust felt overbearing, so by method of exclusion I landed on the lizard lang. I've been working on it for about a year, all while learning zig, relearning working with memory and adding new features. This whole time I've been mainly comparing it to and learning so much from sqlite, and eventually, after tuning, I feel like the performance is close enough for me (at least in my very basic benchmarks on my laptop). Now it's my personal little engine I use in my mobile apps through flutter plugin, in my small backends using bun ffi \ node native modules. Would be cool if it would solve someone's else pains. Happy to answer any questions https://ift.tt/rWhBO6A August 10, 2026 at 12:03AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complete Guide to E-Commerce Business: Meaning, Models, and How to Start

Micro Niches: The Secret Weapon for SaaS Startups Struggling to Gain Traction

"From Micro Niche to Money Maker: How I Validated My E-Commerce Idea with AI (No Budget Needed)" Published: September 23, 2025 Keywords: Micro niche, AI validation, e-commerce, free tools, startup strategy Introduction Ever wondered if your e-commerce idea is worth pursuing? In this post, I’ll walk you through how I used free AI tools to validate a micro niche, build a lean store, and test demand—without spending a dime. If you’re stuck between ideas or afraid of wasting time and money, this guide is your shortcut to clarity. Step-by-Step Breakdown 1. Finding the Micro Niche Used ChatGPT to brainstorm underserved product categories. Cross-referenced with Google Trends and AnswerThePublic to check search interest. 2. Validating Demand Leveraged Perplexity AI to analyze competitors and market gaps. Ran polls using Typeform and Twitter/X to gauge interest. 3. Building the Store Created a free storefront using Shopify Starter and Canva for branding. Used Durable.co to generate landing page copy in minutes. 4. Driving Traffic Scheduled posts with Buffer across Instagram, Threads, and LinkedIn. Used Notion AI to draft blog content and email sequences. 5. Tracking Results Monitored engagement with Google Analytics and Hotjar. Adjusted product positioning based on feedback from Tally Forms. Key Takeaways Micro niches are goldmines when paired with smart AI validation. You don’t need a budget—just the right tools and strategy. Testing before investing saves time, money, and frustration. Thinking of launching your own store? Drop your niche idea in the comments and I’ll help you validate it with AI—free of charge!